I'm a Concept Artist who specializes in Characters and Creatures.
Originally from Scotland, now based in London. For the past 12 years I have been working in the feature films industry.
I started as a VFX Character Modeller working for studios such as Weta Digital, MPC and The Mill.
After 6 years as in VFX I was invited to join Framestore's Visual Development team as a Concept Artist.
As an artist I use a wide range of methods like 2d/3d/Photos and traditional methods depending on what works best to convey the Director’s
Concept Art credits
- Fantastic Beasts 2 : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Ready Player One : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Fantastic Beasts : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Mowgli : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Thor: Ragnarok Concept Artist - Framestore
- Beauty and the Beast : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Dracula Untold : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Paddington : Concept Artist - Framestore
- Jupiter Asending : Concept Artist (Post production) Framestore
- Guardians of the Galaxy : Concept Artist (Post production) - Framestore
- Edge of Tomorrow : Concept Artist - Framestore
- X-Men - Days of Future Past : Concept Modeler - Framestore
- 47 Ronin : Concept Modeler - Framestore
- Plus other unnamed features still in production.
Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Legendary, Framestore, MPC, Wizards of the Coast.
Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, Keyshot, Maya, Modo, Mudbox, Cyslice
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art- First Class BA (Hons) degree in Animation and Electronic Media
- Florence Academy of Art : Summer school in Figurative Sculpture
Concept Art & Design
Concept Art and Design for Production, including Characters, Creatures, Environments, Vehicles and Props, across a range of genres for Films, Visual Effects, Games and Commercial Projects.
Photoreal Final Key Art
This art is used throughout the pipeline to sell the final look to clients and to assist asset artists by providing a guide as to what they are aiming for in the final asset
Taking 2d concepts art and translating them into a digital sculpture to continue the design phase and assist in solving problems before production. This asset can also be passed to VFX or 3d printing for on set use.